Helping to elevate the quality of lameness care, health, and well-being of horses worldwide by promoting and offering quality continuing education for equine practitioners.
Objective Equine Gait Analysis In Depth
October 13 to October 15
Participants will see on day 1 of the course experts used to work-up lameness through clinical examination accompanied by objective gait analysis systems (Kevin Keegan with Equinosis Q with Lameness Locator®, Carolin Gerdes and Thilo Pfau with EquiGait® and Lotta Mansby and Lars Roepstorff with Qualisys Gait Analysis®). On day 2 the data of all cases seen on day 1 will be discussed. Finally, on day 3 the participants will be able to practice themselves with the objective gait analysis systems available. 21 participants only.
The Academy for Continuous Veterinary Education (Akademie für Tierärztliche Fortbildung, ATF) credits this course with 20 hours.
Thursday, October 13, practical work (Equine Clinic)
- 9:00 – Clinical subjective and objective evaluation of lame horses.
- Lame horses will be examined clinically and objectively by Carolin Gerdes and Thilo Pfau (working with EquiGait®), Kevin Keegan (working with Equinosis Q with Lameness Locator®) and Lotta Mansby and Lars Roepstorff (working with Qualisys Gait Analysis®). The day will be divided into three sessions of about 120 minutes each. In each of the sessions a case new for the participants is presented. The participants will rotate among the instructors to experience each of the gait analysis systems.
- 18:00 – End
Friday, October 14, discussions and lectures (Equine Clinic)
- 9:00 – Each case worked the day before will be presented with all evaluations and discussed.
- Lectures and discussions on the use of the objective gait analyses systems presented.
- 18:00 – End
Saturday, October 15, practical work (Equine Clinic)
- 9:00 – Selected horses of day 1 will be further examined with the objective gait analysis systems and participants will practice with them. Final discussion round
- 16:00 – End
View instructor and registration information here.