Helping to elevate the quality of lameness care, health, and well-being of horses worldwide by promoting and offering quality continuing education for equine practitioners.
- This event has passed.
AAEP Focus on Sport Horse Pre-Purchase Exam
May 2 to May 3
From the ABCs of a successful examination to effectively communicating your findings to both the client and the other parties involved, Focus on Sport Horse Pre-Purchase Exam sets you up for success when performing this important service.
This event is limited to 60 participants to ensure an optimal in-person learning experience.
CE Hours: 25.5 Total (15 CEUs for the recorded online lectures; 10.5 for the demonstration & labs on-site)
The event will use a “flipped classroom” model in which attendees complete relevant instructional material at home prior to the event, so that in-person time is devoted to experiential learning through skills application and analysis.
Beginning April 1, registrants will be provided digital resources through an online Learning Management System in the form of instructional videos on the subject matter of the wet labs. Registrants will complete pre-meeting quizzes to ensure understanding and to qualify for CE credits
Hands-on Wet Labs:
Each registrant will participate in six labs May 2 – 3 in Lexington:
- Radiographing the Neck and the Back – Kent Allen
- Radiographing the Foot, Hock, and Stifle – Kurt Selberg
- Radiographing the Fetlock, Metacarpus, and Carpus – Lisa Casinella
- Dynamic Evaluation: Application and Evaluation of Dynamic Gait Analysis – Mark Baus & Laurie Tyrrell-Schroeder
- Neurologic vs. Lameness – Steve Reed & Scott Hopper
- Practical Application of Ultrasound in the Purchase Examination – Rick Mitchell & Duncan Peters