Our Patented Technology
The proprietary Lameness Locator® analysis uses the motion data transmitted by the sensors and algorithms developed from research at the University of Missouri. That research utilized treadmills and high-speed cameras to mathematically characterize normal and impaired gait, measuring vertical acceleration of the torso to determine asymmetries in head and pelvic position between left and right halves of stride. Translational research adapted the analysis to be used as a convenient, robust, miniaturized system in the field. The horse is trotted and data is transmitted wirelessly in real time. The comprehensive lameness assessment is immediately available to the practitioner.
Bruce Kuesis DVM
also boarded in Equine Internal Medicine, Diplomate ACVIM
“The lameness locator has become an integral part of our sports evaluations at Mission Equine.”
Lameness Locator® is designed to be an aid to the practicing equine veterinarian for use during his/her normal lameness evaluation. It is not meant to replace the skills and experience developed by the practitioner. It simply offers an objective, precise and accurate assessment of body movement specifically related to lameness in the horse.
Current users of Lameness Locator® find that it is most helpful for:
- Horses with mild lameness
- Horses with apparent multiple limb lameness
- Horses with apparent compensatory lameness
- Quantifying the effectiveness of nerve and joint blocks
- Confirming the incidental nature of equivocal imaging abnormalities
- Developing a further diagnostic approach based on type of lameness (impact, pushoff) exhibited
- Documenting soundness in pre-purchase evaluations